When students know what to expect in high school they will be able to better prepare for the exciting educational years ahead. At The Beekman School, we can offer students a few tips for starting high school:
- Make a list of what you want in a prospective high school, such as class size and extracurricular activities, and determine your must-haves.
- Research schools, attend open houses, and fill out applications (keeping deadlines in mind).
- Talk to your current teachers about skills that you can improve before starting high school.
- Learn how to use technology to assist you with academics.
- Develop a method of organizing materials and taking notes for each course.
- Read two or three books during the summer before high school. Ask your English teacher for suggestions.
With some forward thinking and a few preparations, you will be ready for success in a range of accredited high school courses.
Preparing for the Transition to High School
The friendly, welcoming environment of The Beekman School is the optimal choice for many students who are applying to high school. Our experienced faculty and dedicated staff are committed to helping students prepare for high school. We can assist you in taking an introductory course in a second language or in learning to write an essay that is well organized and grammatically correct. We can also help you strengthen your foundation in mathematics before you enroll in high school math classes. At first glance, our school appears as an inviting townhouse with a beautiful garden, but we are also a high-tech school offering advanced resources. Through flexible programs, we can assist with your transition into high school. A new world of learning is within reach. Why not contact us today?